a glimpse of
Life at Wedler
At Wedler, we believe that our company exists to serve the people we work with. We take the time to think about how people want to interact with the world around them, and apply our learnings to the civil infrastructures we design. We enjoy a workplace where we play just as hard as we work.
If you join us, you’ll work alongside some talented and passionate people in a friendly, outgoing environment with upbeat energy and tons of caffeine. Creativity and fresh ideas are always welcome here at Wedler, so we expect you to pitch in and keep the ball rolling.
We are currently seeking a Civil Engineering Technologist to add to our team. Working from our Chilliwack office, you will be actively involved in land development and capital works projects, primarily responsible for design and drafting as an integral part of our project team. You will work closely with the Project Manager and clients to prepare quality designs and associated drawings.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com. Please quote “Posting #C17-101” in the subject line.
* Your application should include a clever cover letter and up-to-date resume. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Civil engineering design and drafting
- Liaising and interacting with clients, contractors, and municipalities
- Project management assistance
- Field reviews/inspections
Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years’ civil engineering design and drafting experience
- Strong Civil3D skills
- Research relevant bylaws and codes, and apply as required to the civil design
- Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Perform basic road designs along with stormwater, potable water and sanitary sewage calculations
- Coordinate civil design with other disciplines: mechanical, electrical, geotechnical, structural, etc.
- Project coordination, contract administration and tendering process skills are a must
Education and Training
- Civil engineering technology diploma/certificate
- Additional AutoCAD training a bonus
Compensation and Benefits
- Industry competitive salary
- RRSP Contribution Program
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Extended Health
- Flexible Health Care Spending Program
Wedler is always interested in hearing from qualified and enthusiastic individuals who wish to join our team. If you would like to work for us, but do not see any suitable positions at the moment, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify what type of position you are interested in and with which office(s). Should an opportunity become available for which you are qualified, we will be in touch!