Civil Engineering Technologist – Alberta (Virtual Office)
We are a team of dedicated engineering consultants who provide services in all Western Provinces and all three territories. Wedler’s team consists of nearly 50 hard working professionals operating out of four physical offices in British Columbia. With a high volume of work, we are looking to add experienced and passionate Alberta based professionals to our growing team by establishing a virtual satellite office in the province.
With a presence in Calgary, and some significant ongoing projects in Alberta, we have an immediate need to hire civil engineering technologists. At present, these will be “work from home” positions while COVID-19 public health measures remain. All necessary computer and office equipment will be provided.
Role: Under the supervision of a Professional Engineer, the general role will be to design civil engineering infrastructure for commercial, residential, institutional, industrial and municipal projects. A few key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Use AutoCad Civil 3D to design and draft civil engineering infrastructure, including detailed construction drawings,
- Creating data sets with the use of Geographic Information System (ArcMap GIS),
- Perform basic stormwater, potable water and sanitary sewage calculations,
- Research relevant bylaws and codes, and apply as required to the civil design,
- Coordinate civil design with other disciplines: mechanical, electrical, geotechnical, structural etc,
- File data electronically and maintain orderly paper files,
- Observe and review civil construction work in the field and prepare reports of the observations. Would need to use personal vehicle to travel to and from construction sites.
Education and Training:
- Civil engineering technology diploma
- Additional AutoCad Civil3D training a bonus
- 4 years experience since receiving civil engineering technology diploma minimum
- Applicants with past experience with GIS software and asset management work may be given preference.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Extended healthcare and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Competitive salary and profit sharing
Send a cover letter and complete resume referencing posting WA-1-21 to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted up to February 5th, 2021.
Wedler is always interested in hearing from qualified and enthusiastic individuals who wish to join our team. If you would like to work for us, but do not see any suitable positions at the moment, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify what type of position you are interested in and with which office(s). Should an opportunity become available for which you are qualified, we will be in touch!