Wedler Engineering is seeking an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines and has strong analytical and multi-tasking abilities. Our new team member will be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and an ability to prioritize tasks. If this sounds like you, and you have the required work experience to match, we encourage you to apply. Visit our job posting on Indeed.ca for submission requirements.
We pride ourselves on our corporate culture which includes valuing our hard-working team with open communication, collaboration, staff profit sharing, and more.
This position entails Payroll / HR and benefits / AP / AR / Project maintenance & invoicing / General office administration. Read on for greater detail.
Payroll and HR:
- Familiar with current Canadian payroll regulations and able to answer to complex payroll questions
- Remain up to date with all internal company policies and procedures
- Process in-house payroll for up to 50 employees using EasyPay software, including EFT payment uploads. Knowledge of EasyPay an asset but not required.
- Process new hires (including onboarding) and terminations (payroll calculations, ROE’s, etc.)
- Maintain personnel records and track/report employee dates for reviews and benefits
- Track and report employee time, including vacation and sick time allowances
- Process government reporting and remittances, including payroll, WCB, EHT, T4s, T4A’s, T2200s, etc.
- Group benefit and Group RRSP plan administration, incl. payments and employee maintenance
- Various reconciliations, tracking reports and data entry
- Data entry with departmentalization
- Track/process company credit card spending and expense reports
- Understanding of GST/PST rules and regulations, and application of same
- Issue payments by both cheque and EFT/direct payment
- Review and process online banking transactions daily
- Issues invoices and statements by email and post
- Collection calls, tracking and reporting
- Process client payments, retainers, discounts, bad debts, liens
- Respond to client inquiries
Project Maintenance and Invoice Processing
- Setup up projects in Deltek FMS accounting software, including budgets and custom rate schedules. Knowledge of Deltek FMS an asset but not required.
- Weekly data entry and reporting of time and billing to project managers
- Process time and billing invoices, including managing time on hold and time written off
- Recordkeeping and reconciliations with numerous Excel tracking spreadsheets
- Manage company cell phones – contracts, usage, device upgrades
- Capital asset tracking and Inventory reporting
- Maintain business licences
- Assist with GL account reconciliations and year-end reporting
- General data entry
- Occasional errands (bank deposits, etc.)
- Light general office duties including filing, ordering supplies, phones, mail, couriers, etc.
- Follow all COVID-19 cleaning and safety protocols, including masks and distancing within the office
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Effectively manage multiple assignments and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Proven experience with full payroll cycle (minimum 2+ years working in payroll)
- Proven experience in an accounting and administration role (minimum 2+ years). Knowledge of full cycle accounting an asset
- Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Pro. Strong practical knowledge of Excel required
- Logical, good with numbers, and quick to learn new processes and software
- Able to work efficiently autonomously and collaboratively
- Background and Criminal record checks will be required
- Proficient in English language both written and oral
- Must agree to adhere to all Wedler Engineering health and safety policies, including COVID-19 policies
Job Type: Full-Time. 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Salary: $27.00 – $30.00 per hour to start
- Participation in staff profit sharing (some conditions apply)
- Extended health care, Life insurance, Long-term disability insurance
- Medical spending account for dental, vision and more
- RRSP matching (after 1 year)
- Professional fee assistance
- Paid sick time (not part of compensation package)
- Ten-year anniversary bonus; Baby bonus; $1000 one-time child scholarship
- Paid bereavement leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Wedler Engineering is committed to the safety and well-being of our employees and our communities. We have numerous policies designed to support this objective, including:
- Virtual meetings, reduced office occupancy and limited interaction with the public
- Use of masks, social distancing, and sanitizing/cleaning procedures in place in all offices
Wedler is always interested in hearing from qualified and enthusiastic individuals who wish to join our team. If you would like to work for us, but do not see any suitable positions at the moment, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please specify what type of position you are interested in and with which office(s). Should an opportunity become available for which you are qualified, we will be in touch!