Civil Engineer – Chilliwack, BC
Wedler Engineering is a BC based civil engineering firm that provides consulting services to both public and private sectors throughout Western Canada. With established roots in the Fraser Valley, Wedler Engineering provides small town customer service combined with sophisticated engineering practice. Our corporate culture is one that encourages leadership, innovation, engagement, and environmental stewardship.
We are currently seeking a civil engineer to add to our growing team. Primarily working from our Chilliwack office, you will be actively involved in land development and municipal capital works projects throughout the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. You will be primarily responsible for civil design and project management.
- Civil engineering design and project management
- Preparation of reports and studies
- Preparing and maintaining project schedules and budgets
- Liaising and interacting with clients, contractors, and municipalities
- Engaging in ongoing and active business development
Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years related experience in local land development and/or municipal engineering
- Register, or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
- Experience with sewer design, watermain design, roads and sidewalks
- Project management
- Cost estimating
- Tender and contract preparation
- Contract administration
- Knowledge of civil construction
- Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Valid BC Drivers’ License
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to build on their career, and take the next step, with lots of room and opportunity for growth.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Industry competitive salary
- RRSP Contribution Program
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Extended Health
- Flexible Health Care Spending Program
We pride ourselves on corporate culture & professionalism, but also our creativity and sense of humour. If this sounds like a good fit for you, and you are interested in pursuing a career with us, please send us a cover letter that stands out from the rest, and a resume summarizing your skills and experience. Please send information to email@example.com.
Wedler is always interested in hearing from qualified and enthusiastic individuals who wish to join our team. If you would like to work for us, but do not see any suitable positions at the moment, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify what type of position you are interested in and with which office(s). Should an opportunity become available for which you are qualified, we will be in touch!