Civil Engineering Technologist – Chilliwack, BC
Wedler Engineering is a BC based civil engineering firm that provides consulting services to both public and private sectors throughout Western Canada. With established roots in the Fraser Valley, Wedler Engineering provides small town customer service combined with sophisticated engineering practice. Our corporate culture is one that encourages leadership, innovation, engagement, and environmental stewardship.
We are currently seeking a civil engineering technologist to add to our team. Primarily working from our Chilliwack office, you will be actively involved in land development and municipal capital works projects throughout the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. You will be primarily responsible for civil design, drafting (Civil 3D), and assisting with Project Management. Other responsibilities may include conducting field reviews throughout the region, to ensure construction activity is following the intended design, acting as the engineer’s field representative and reporting to the project engineer or Senior Field Service Manager.
- Civil engineering design and project management
- Liaising and interacting with clients, contractors, and municipalities
- Field Reviews
- Construction management assistance
Skills and Experience:
- 5 – 10 years civil engineering design and drafting experience
- Strong Civil3D skills
- Research relevant bylaws and codes, and apply as required to the civil design
- Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Perform basic road designs along with stormwater, potable water and sanitary sewage calculations
- Coordinate civil design with other disciplines: mechanical, electrical, geotechnical, structural etc.
- Project coordination, contract administration and tendering process skills are an asset
- Valid BC Drivers’ License
Education and Training:
- Civil engineering technology diploma/certificate
- Additional AutoCAD training a bonus
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to build on their career, and take the next step, with lots of room and opportunity for growth.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Industry competitive salary
- RRSP Contribution Program
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Extended Health
- Flexible Health Care Spending Program
We pride ourselves on corporate culture & professionalism, but also our creativity and sense of humour. If this sounds like a good fit for you, and you are interested in pursuing a career with us, please send us a cover letter that stands out from the rest, and a resume summarizing your skills and experience. Please send information to email@example.com.
Wedler is always interested in hearing from qualified and enthusiastic individuals who wish to join our team. If you would like to work for us, but do not see any suitable positions at the moment, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify what type of position you are interested in and with which office(s). Should an opportunity become available for which you are qualified, we will be in touch!