Civil Engineering Technologist – Courtenay, BC
- Do you crave a variety of intellectual challenges?
- Do you want to live in one of the most incredible places on earth?
- Are you interested in being part of an innovative team of entrepreneurial people?
- Do you like to have fun?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you should read the rest of this very carefully and then send in a clever cover letter and complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference may be given to those with experience playing hockey. Those who ski, mountain bike or play rugby are also welcome. In fact, you could enjoy all or none of these activities, as long as you have a sense of humour, aren’t afraid of hard work, and like being engaged as part of a team, things should go well.
Under the supervision of a professional engineer, design of civil engineering infrastructure for commercial, residential, institutional, industrial and municipal projects.
- Use AutoCad Civil 3D to draft civil engineering design drawings
- Perform basic stormwater, potable water and sanitary sewage calculations
- Research relevant bylaws and codes, and apply as required to the civil design
- Coordinate civil design with other disciplines: mechanical, electrical, geotechnical, structural etc.
- File data electronically and in paper files
- Observe and review civil construction work in the field and prepare reports of the observations
Education and Training:
- Civil engineering technology diploma
- Additional AutoCad Civil3D training a bonus
- 0 to 20 years experience since receiving civil engineering technology diploma minimum
Compensation and Benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- RRSP matching
- Profit sharing
- Industry matching salary
Please send a cover letter and complete resume to email@example.com.
Wedler is always interested in hearing from qualified and enthusiastic individuals who wish to join our team. If you would like to work for us, but do not see any suitable positions at the moment, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify what type of position you are interested in and with which office(s). Should an opportunity become available for which you are qualified, we will be in touch!