Surrey, BC, Civil Engineer Technologist | Job # S2023-102
Wedler Engineering, a respected BC-based civil engineering firm, offers consulting expertise to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. We are a mid-sized firm, who are people and service focused. We have a culture of fostering leadership, innovation, engagement, entrepreneurship, value delivery, and environmental stewardship. Be a part of our dynamic journey by sharing your talents with us.
We are currently seeking a civil engineer technologist to add to our growing team. Primarily working from our Surrey office, you are a civil engineering technologist with demonstrated experience in municipal and land development design, drafting engineering drawings using ACAD Civil3D, and field review.
This role presents a valuable chance for those seeking career development and advancement. It offers ample room for growth, allowing individuals to enhance their skills, take on new challenges, and progress in their professional journey.
You excel in collaborative settings, integrating experience and communications to drive effective teamwork. Assigned tasks and given initial guidance, you swiftly transition to independent execution, combining initiative with your collaborative edge.
You will be actively involved in land development and municipal capital works projects throughout the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. You will be primarily responsible for undertaking civil design, drafting, assisting project engineers and carrying out field reviews.
- Research, obtain, analyze, and interpret existing infrastructure record information.
- Prepare existing infrastructure base plan drawings using ACAD Civil3D.
- Prepare civil engineering design drawings using ACAD Civil 3D.
- Prepare civil engineering design, analysis, and calculation under supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Research specifications and standards.
- Assist with project management tasks.
- Communicate, coordinate, and liaise with clients, owners, municipalities, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Communicate and coordinate with third-party utilities (BC Hydro, Telus, FortisBC, etc.).
- Coordinate with other project team professionals, such as architects, electrical engineers, geotechnical
engineers, traffic engineers, and environmental consultants.
- Conduct construction field reviews for implementation of design and for specification conformance.
- Prepare detailed field review reports.
- Conduct field investigations and reconnaissance.
- Conduct environmental monitoring for erosion and sediment control.
- Maintain and calibrate all required equipment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Civil engineering technologist experience, 2-5 years, with a focus on local land development and municipal engineering.
- Proficient with Civil3D and drafting engineering drawings.
- Local market experience.
- Experience in sewer, watermain, roads, grading design, and stormwater management.
- Experience with interpretation and implementation of design requirements and specifications.
- Knowledge of civil construction and project execution.
- Experience carrying out field reviews for quality and adherence to design specifications.
- Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines effectively.
- Possession of a valid BC Driver’s License.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive compensation packages along with comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans, professional development opportunities, and more, these include:
- Industry competitive wages
- RRSP Contribution Program
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Extended Health
- Flexible Health Care Spending Program
- Professional Development opportunities
How to Apply
We pride ourselves on corporate culture and professionalism, but also our creativity and sense of humour. If this sounds like a good fit for you, and you are interested in pursuing a career with us, please send us a cover letter that stands out from the rest, demonstrating how your experience directly aligns with the specific requirements outlined for this role, and any additional information about you. Additionally, provide a resume detailing your skills and experience. Please send information to email@example.com. Please reference job #S2023-102 in the subject line of your email. Your distinctive application will speak volumes.
Only candidates that meet the requirements outlined will be considered for this position. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessments and interviews.
Wedler is always interested in hearing from qualified and enthusiastic individuals who wish to join our team. If you would like to work for us, but do not see any suitable positions at the moment, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify what type of position you are interested in and with which office(s). Should an opportunity become available for which you are qualified, we will be in touch!